I completed my short story, queue celebratory music.
Why aren’t you dancing? Start dancing, it is a happy time.
DANCE FOR ME!
Fair enough. Lets move past this, pretend this ugly moment didn’t happen. Not me freaking out on you for your lack of celebration, but my horrendous dancing skills. The pumps and spangles were too much I think.
Alright, moving on.
Violence Breeds Violence, Repression Breeds Retaliation is a done deal. I have edited and find it fluid and enjoyable. Next step is to let my editor (fiancé) rip it into pieces and then for me to put it back together. Then I will release it to beta readers and get some feedback. Do some tweaking here, some finagling there and BOOM! Story is ready to be shipped off to be weighed and judged in Writers of the Future.
It feels nice completing a story. Although calling it a short story is a stretch, it is over ten thousand words.
I have a few other stories to work on. I’d give you details on them, but I don’t want to until I am done writing them. Here is a general overview though.
- Another story set in my manuscripts world just like VBV,RBR is.
- Fantasy book project set in some mountains, with a goat and shenanigans.
- Fantasy series with a friend (super-duper secret stuff).
- A fun little science fiction story in which I blow up physics.
- Western with a fun little twist.
- Science fiction in which humans are enslaved, but why is the kicker. (Not Battlefield Earth).
There is more, but these are the stories that I plan on finishing by next Summer. That sounds like a long time, but it isn’t. I have more ideas and stories I want to write than I have time.
Anyhow, time to watch The Walking Dead and get ready for bed.
Hope you all had a good weekend.